First-time runners cross 5k finish line in Hunstanton
- Credit: Bridget Plowright
A group of first-time runners have successfully completed a 5k course in Sunny Hunny.
Running club Lynnsport Ladybirds, in conjunction with West Norfolk council's Hunstanton Heritage Gardens project and Alive Leisure, led a group of women through their latest beginners running course at Hunstanton.
The six-week course is for women who have never run before or for those wishing to return to running after a break, with an aim to complete a 5k route on the final week.
Coach Bridget Plowright, who led the course, said: 'It is very satisfying to see the women on the first night, rather nervous and unsure, develop their confidence, skills and fitness to be able to complete a 5k route on the sixth week.
'Not only have these women started running but have also made new friends.'
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the Lynnsport Ladybirds beginners running course, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 7 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich