Luminate Sandringham cancelled because of Tier 4 in Norfolk
- Credit: Chris Bishop
A festive light trail through the Queen's woodlands has been cancelled as Norfolk plunges into Tier 4 lockdown.
Luminate Sandringham, which was due to run until January 17, will be turned off after its Christmas Eve performance.
Organisers said in a statement: "We have consulted with all of our stakeholders partners and feel that, whilst public gardens and outdoor heritage sites can remain open within Tier 4, it is not in the spirit of what is trying to be achieved throughout the country for Luminate Sandringham to remain open. We are incredibly disappointed that we are not able to complete our run at Luminate Sandringham.
"We are so grateful to everybody who has supported us and bought tickets to attend. We will shortly send out an email to all ticket holders with full details on how to transfer their booking to 2021 or to obtain a refund. The email will be sent to the address given at the time of your booking. Kindly read your email prior to contacting us about transfers and refunds. Please check your junk folder if you do not appear to have received it.
"We are sure that you will appreciate that 2020 has been a difficult year for our staff - along with everyone else throughout the country - and whilst we will endeavour to process matters as quickly as possible, we are sure that you will understand that our staff would also like to spend Christmas Day with their loved ones and hence bearing in mind the timing, please bear with us if there is a short delay."
You may also want to watch:
Luminate saw part of the woodland trail near the Visitor Centre transformed into an illuminated walk with ambient music and holograms. It was almost fully booked from its opening night on December 17, to the end of its run.
It was the first time Sandringham had hosted the event.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences