Lucky couple at EDP Wedding Show win £6,000 wedding
- Credit: Archant
A lucky couple have walked away with a £6,000 wedding at Dunston Hall following a competition at this year's EDP Wedding Show.
More than 1,400 people walked through the doors of the stunning 19th century hotel yesterday to make preparations for their special day.
The event, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary, featured 95 exhibitors offering visitors everything they need to plan a perfect wedding.
And this year, one couple had the chance to win themselves a wedding at Dunston Hall and rings worth £1,000 from show sponsor Dipples.
They had to answer three questions:
You may also want to watch:
How many bedrooms does the hall have? – 169
What is the maximum capacity of its garden marque? – 250
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
How much was spent on its leisure facilities following a £2.2m refurbishment? – £500,000
The lucky winner was chosen from numerous entries put inside a postbox within the hall.
People are asked to visit the EDP Weddings Facebook page to find out if they have won.
Diana Sims, general manager of Archant Weddings East, said: 'It has been a fantastic day and lots of our exhibitors have taken a lot of bookings.
'Everyone was really happy and there were smiles all round.'
During the day, couples had the chance to look at everything from bridal gowns and jewellery to entertainment equipment and ideas for stag and hen dos.
The event, which is regarded as the biggest one-day wedding show in Norfolk, has taken place 20 times over the past 10 years.
Wedding businesses who have not entered into this year's Bride: The Wedding Awards are asked to do so by September 30.
Visit www.weddingawards.co.uk or call Diana Sims on 01603 772140.