See incredible pumpkins grown by Billy-Joe, 4
- Credit: Archant
No Halloween party would be complete without a decoratively carved pumpkin.
And posing proudly with his homegrown efforts – four-year-old Billy-Joe Beatwell, of Lowestoft, is all smiles as he showcased his talents, ready to be crafted into wonderful spooky creations.
His 'very proud' parents Oliver and Clare, of Elm Tree Road, said: 'My four-year-old little boy Billy-Joe Beatwell has grown these pumpkins from seeds himself and watered them every day and they are absolutely huge!
'We are all very proud.'
Pumpkin seeds should generally be planted between the last week of May and the middle of June.
You may also want to watch:
They take between 90 and 120 days to grow and are picked in October when they are bright orange in colour.
Their seeds can be saved to grow new pumpkins the following year.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab