Lowestoft woman Tamsyn Ambrose loses two-and-a-half stone in just eight months, starts weight-loss group
- Credit: Archant
Tamsyn Ambrose, 22, from Carlton Colville, launched a brand new Slimming World group at Bloodmoor Community Centre, Carlton Colville on New Year's Eve. It will now run each Saturday morning at 8.30am.
After leaving sixth form and learning to drive, Miss Ambrose found herself living off of take-aways and convenience food because she was working unsocial hours and had a busy lifestyle.
Before she knew it, she had gone from a size eight to a size 16 - and was rapidly losing all self-confidence.
She recalled: 'My jeans were tight and my smile was fake.'
Knowing she had to do something to change her lifestyle, Miss Ambrose plucked up the courage to find a Slimming World group.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I had never been more nervous of judgement from others.
'But when I walked through those doors I was welcomed by the existing members who showed me where to sit and reassured me.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
'I was then greeted by the smiley face of my consultant Justine, I instantly felt at ease and was comforted by Justine's attitude of if she could lose weight then I could to and she was going to support me all the way.
'It's surprising how no food is banned and you can still have your favourite meals just by adjusting the way you prepare them.'
For more information, contact Miss Ambrose on 07465 406122 or Tamsyn_1@hotmail.co.uk