Lowestoft woman overwhelmed by local generosity after head shave for Hannah Coffill
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft woman has expressed her delight after local people rallied around her as she underwent a charity head shave in the town centre.
Nikki Capell was fundraising to help Hannah Coffill - whose battle with cancer caused her to go blind this year - to visit a Berlin clinic where there is a chance of sight restoration.
On Saturday, September 30, Miss Capell encouraged the public to cut off hair for £2, before having the final strands shaved off.
The 34-year-old raised £675, taking her total to nearly £1400.
'The experience was incredible and to raise so much is remarkable,' said Miss Capell.
'It was so lovely that Hannah came and held my hand. I've only known her for two weeks and already she has a special place in my heart. We're friends for life.
'Hannah told me I was brave and I replied 'I'm not brave - look at what you're going through!''
To donate, visit justgiving.com.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment