Does this footage show ‘whales’ off the coast of Lowestoft?
- Credit: Archant
People took to social media yesterday morning to report that lots of whales had been spotted off the coast of Lowestoft. Did you see them?
Speaking to this paper, Paul Howard said that 'a large pod of whales or porpoises are currently off Pakefield's beach in Lowestoft.'
He added that crowds were there watching the spectacle. Other posts on Facebook groups confirmed the sighting.
Emma Moore also managed to capture this footage of what she believes could be the whales off Lowestoft's coast.
However Adam Harper later commented that, in his opinion, there were no whales off the Suffolk coast today.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'It was a sandbank and southerly wind that created the 'whales' - combined with poor eyesight and public excitement.'
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
Do you agree, or did you manage to see the 'whales' yesterday morning? Let us know in the comments below.