Trains cancelled and diverted after police incident
- Credit: Archant
Trains have been delayed and diverted this lunchtime after emergency services were called to an incident.
Police were called to the Normanston Railway Bridge, near Constable Close, shortly before 11am this morning, while two crews from Lowestoft South fire station were also called out.
Taking to Twitter, a spokesperson for Greater Anglia said: 'Due to the police dealing with an incident between Oulton Broad North and Lowestoft, no trains are able to enter or leave Lowestoft.
'This is affecting services between Ipswich/Norwich and Lowestoft.'
The 11.07am service from Lowestoft to Ipswich, and the 11.48am service from Lowestoft to Norwich were both cancelled, with disruption expected to last until 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
The 11.17am service from Ipswich to Lowestoft will be terminated at Oulton Broad South, while the 12.07pm service from Lowestoft to Ipswich will leave from Oulton Broad South at 12.13pm.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17