Football festival hailed ‘success’ by organisers
- Credit: Archant
A pre-season football festival has been hailed a success after more than 70 teams took part in the weekend event.
Organisers have celebrated the first KBB Suffolk FA pre-season grassroots festival, which was held at Walmer Road - the home of Kirkley and Pakefield Football Club.
The festival in South Lowestoft saw scores of young footballers from across the county participate in numerous activities throughout the day, as the mixed teams completed 10 different tasks.
Suffolk FA mini-soccer and youth football development officer James Morley, who co-organised the event, said: "We've had a great day at Kirkley and Pakefield for our first KBB Pre-Season Grassroots Festival.
"A massive thank you goes out to all the volunteers at the club for all the work, time and effort they have put in today to make it a great success.
You may also want to watch:
"We are looking forward to building on this festival and making our Grassroots Festivals even bigger events," he said.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place