Rescue operation off Lowestoft coast in search for missing 63-year-old
- Credit: Archant
A search is underway off the coast of Lowestoft to trace a missing 63-year-old woman thought to be at risk.
Officers are concerned for the welfare of Stephanie Parker, who was last seen at her home at 11.30 yesterday morning.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said that police dogs tracking Stephanie had led search teams to a point near the shoreline, and a rescue operation has since been launched.
Police are coordinating with coastguard and the national police air service to do further checks.
A lifeboat was launched from Lowestoft RNLI station at roughly 5.45am today.
You may also want to watch:
Stephanie is described as white, 5ft 5in tall, with curly brown hair and she is believed to have been wearing a hi-vis jacket, blue trousers and boots.
Anyone who has seen Stephanie or who has any information about her whereabouts is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 401 of June 19.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze