Lowestoft’s Normanston Park will be a colourful sight for EACH this summer
- Credit: Archant
A children's charity will be bringing a splash of colour to Lowestoft in a new fundraising event for the town.
The Colour Dash, organised by East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), will be held on Sunday, July 9, at Normanston Park from 11am.
The fundraiser is already held locally in Norwich and Ipswich, and up to 1,000 participants are being invited to take part in the new Lowestoft event.
The dash will be a two mile fun run around the park – the 'fun' aspect being that participants are showered with clouds of coloured powder paint as they run.
Tal Williams, EACH Norfolk Community Fundraiser, said: 'We're very excited to be bringing the Colour Dash to Lowestoft. We already deliver successful and popular events in Norwich and Kings Lynn and as anyone who's taken part before knows, it's an impressive sight and great fun for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
'There's no competitive aspect, so you can run, jog or walk the two miles – just be prepared to get covered in coloured powder paint. It creates truly impressive multi-coloured results!
'Tickets are expected to sell quickly so please secure yours as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and take advantage of our special early bird offer.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
Lowestoft is one of nine places in the region EACH is holding Colour Dashes this year. Last summer more than 5,300 runners took part across seven locations, raising £150,000.
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia and supports their families. It costs the charity almost £6 million a year to deliver its services and all funds raised at the event will help.
Early bird tickets are available until May 3, and cost £17.50 for adults over 16, which includes entry, a T-shirt, a medal and pot of paint or £7.50 for children between five and 15, which includes entry, a medal and pot of paint.
After that the price will go up to £20 for adults or £10 for children.
There are also ticket packages for families and teams.
To book your place, visit www.each.org.uk or contact the fundraising team on 01953 666767.