Lowestoft’s Bascule bridge will be closed tonight for urgent repairs
- Credit: Archant © 2011
The A12 Bascule bridge in Lowestoft will be closed tonight for urgent repair work.
The Highways Agency work will take place between 8pm and 4am to repair the lifting barriers. The bridge will be closed during this time.
Local road users will be directed to follow a signed diversion via the A146, A1117, and left at the A12 Katwijk Way roundabout to re-join the A12 Artillery Way. Road users travelling longer distances will be directed to follow the A1117.
Motorists affected by this work are advised to plan ahead and allow extra time for travel.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 7 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 8 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day