Road cordoned off as police investigate 'overnight incident'
- Credit: Google
A main road remains cordoned off by police in Lowestoft after an overnight incident which saw a large emergency services response.
Lowestoft Police tweeted at 5am today that St Peter's Street was currently closed at the junction with Yeovil Road and that residents should find alternative routes.
Neighbours reported seeing multiple police cars, forensics and an armed police unit on the road overnight and into this morning.
One man living nearby said: "As I was leaving for work this morning at about 6am the road was still closed off.
"I saw about 10 police cars, forensics and what looked like an armed copper."
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'