Flushing success: Lowestoft pub awarded platinum rating for their toilets
- Credit: Archant
The Joesph Conrad, on Station Square was praised with a platinum rating-the highest award in the field - by safety inspectors.
A Lowestoft pub has been awarded a coveted award for the quality and standard of their toilets.
The Joesph Conrad, in Station Square was praised with a platinum rating- the highest award in the field - by safety inspectors.
The Loo of the Year Awards began to highlight the importance of cleanliness in public rest rooms.
Inspectors make unannounced visits to thousands of venues across the U.K in order to crown the winning loo.
The public loos are graded from bronze to platinum, while the unacceptable toilets are not graded at all.
The rest rooms are critiqued on everything from the decor to the accessibility, the washing and hand-drying equipment as well as overall management.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
The Joseph Conrad manager, Adrian Fox said they were 'delighted to receive the award'.
'Staff at the pub ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors,' he said.
The Loo of the Year Awards 2018 managing director, Mike Bone, said: 'The toilets at The Joseph Conrad have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
Mr Bone said: 'The pub richly deserves its platinum award – the highest individual award the judges can deliver.'