Lowestoft protest group gathers against President Donald Trump’s inauguration
- Credit: Nick Butcher
On the day Donald Trump was inaugurated as President of the United States of America a gathering of protestors took to streets of Lowestoft to voice their concerns against what they see as President Trump's racism.
Donning Donald Trump masks and holding placards denoting their political message the protesters from Stand Up To Racism Lowestoft spoke to members of the public in the town centre throughout Friday afternoon- promoting their message of 'don't be fooled by divide and rule'.
Peter Lux, 54, from Stand Up To Racism Lowestoft, said: 'We know many people have negative feelings about immigrants and different racial groups.
'Our message is we have more in common with them than people, such as billionaire Donald Trump, who use the tactics of divide and rule.
'One of the biggest problems we have is the massive inequality in our society with the richest eight people in the world having more wealth than the poorest 3,600,000,000 people.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We had many useful conversations with people who were for and against what we are saying.
'We will continue to discuss these issues with the people of Lowestoft in the future.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
Stand Up To Racism Lowestoft will also be organising transport to the national Stand Up To Racism demonstration in London on March 18.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/SUTRLowestoft .