Lowestoft protest group gathers against President Donald Trump’s inauguration
- Credit: Nick Butcher
On the day Donald Trump was inaugurated as President of the United States of America a gathering of protestors took to streets of Lowestoft to voice their concerns against what they see as President Trump's racism.
Donning Donald Trump masks and holding placards denoting their political message the protesters from Stand Up To Racism Lowestoft spoke to members of the public in the town centre throughout Friday afternoon- promoting their message of 'don't be fooled by divide and rule'.
Peter Lux, 54, from Stand Up To Racism Lowestoft, said: 'We know many people have negative feelings about immigrants and different racial groups.
'Our message is we have more in common with them than people, such as billionaire Donald Trump, who use the tactics of divide and rule.
'One of the biggest problems we have is the massive inequality in our society with the richest eight people in the world having more wealth than the poorest 3,600,000,000 people.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We had many useful conversations with people who were for and against what we are saying.
'We will continue to discuss these issues with the people of Lowestoft in the future.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
Stand Up To Racism Lowestoft will also be organising transport to the national Stand Up To Racism demonstration in London on March 18.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/SUTRLowestoft .