Lowestoft panto to reach new heights
Pantomime lovers in Lowestoft will be scaling new heights of laughter and fun-filled antics as they enjoy the town's latest seasonal show Jack and the Beanstalk from December.
Yesterday the main stars of the show gathered outside the Marina Theatre to help drum up interest in the theatre's fourth professional pantomime in a row.
Pianist Bobby Crush, who shot to fame in Opportunity Knocks, is playing the pantomime dame and is believed to be the only one who tinkles the ivories during a panto.
Bobby said: 'Jack and the Beanstalk is going to be fun for all the family as it has something for all ages. I love the fact dads and mums can come with their kids and bring their grandparents along as well.'
The pantomime also stars fairy godmother Sue Hodge, from the BBC hit comedy 'Allo 'Allo and Chris Edgerley from the Channel Five programme Hi-5, who plays the hero Jack.
You may also want to watch:
Jack and the Beanstalk runs from December 10 to January 2. For information on tickets call the theatre box office on 01502 533200.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 8 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety