Lowestoft mum involved in attack which left man blind in one eye warned to expect jail
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk mother who assaulted a man in a pub resulting in him being blinded in one eye has been warned it is 'highly likely' she will be sent to prison.
Leanne Rowett was captured on CCTV punching and kicking a man after he fell to the ground in The Carlton pub in Lowestoft, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
As a result of the incident, the victim's left eye was badly damaged and he had been left permanently blind in that eye, said David Wilson, prosecuting.
Rowett, 36, of Short Lane, Lowestoft, pleaded guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm on the victim in July last year.
Adjourning sentencing until September 6, recorder Rex Bryan said it was 'highly likely' she would receive an immediate prison sentence.
You may also want to watch:
Also before the court was Gareth Rowett, 37, of Beresford Road, Lowestoft, who admitted assaulting Martin Cook by beating during the same incident. He will also be sentenced in September.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?