Lowestoft man jailed for sex offences with vulnerable girl
A MAN who had sex in his car with a vulnerable girl more than 40 years his junior has been jailed for four years.
Colin Bloomfield, 59, of Kirkley Run, Lowestoft, had denied three offences of sexual activity with a child and one offence of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity in 2008.
A jury at Ipswich Crown Court unanimously found Bloomfield guilty of one of the offences of sexual activity with a child and guilty of the other three offences by majority verdicts of 10-2.
Bloomfield was made the subject of a sexual offences prevention order and ordered to sign on the Sex Offenders' Register.
During the trial the prosecution claimed that Bloomfield had taken advantage of the girl, who was described as 'vulnerable', and had made her feel wanted.
The abuse had started with Bloomfield stopping his car and leaning over and kissing the girl, who was 14, on the lips and neck.
This had progressed on other occasions to him touching her thighs over her clothing, getting her to touch him initimately and then having sex with her on two occasions.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 6 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 7 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
After his arrest Bloomfield denied the allegations and told police they were 'pure fantasy'.
Giving evidence he admitted buying the girl a mobile phone but denied that it was so he could contact her.
Bloomfield was jailed on Friday.