Lowestoft man Dele Bjabula to appear at crown court over alleged rape charge
- Credit: Archant � 2009
A 23-year-old has appeared in front of magistrates charged with the rape of a woman in Lowestoft.
Dele Bjabula, of Marine Parade, Lowestoft, spoke through a Portuguese translator to confirm his name, date of birth and address as he appeared at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court.
Bjabula had previously appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Saturday, April 1, when his hearing was deferred until Monday as only one magistrate was available at the time. Two magistrates are required to send a case to crown court.
Wearing a plain grey, round-necked sweatshirt, Bjabula was not required to enter a plea, as a crown court hearing was scheduled.
John Rockliff, chairman of the bench, remanded Bjabula into custody, with no application for bail made.
You may also want to watch:
Bjabula is now scheduled to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday, May 2.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns