Lowestoft man Dele Bjabula appears in court charged with rape in the town
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man has appeared in court charged with the rape of a woman in Lowestoft on Thursday.
Dele Bjabula, of Marine Parade, Lowestoft, appeared at Norwich Magistrates court this morning.
The 23-year-old spoke through a Portuguese interpreter to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
But the case could not be progressed as only one magistrate was available to sit, and two were required to send the case to Crown Court.
Prosecutor Kevin Eastwick said: 'The position is we can't send this matter to the Crown Court today.'
You may also want to watch:
Magistrate Brian Earley remanded Bjabula in custody, to appear before Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court on Monday, April 3.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 10 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich