Lowestoft man charged with attempted burglary
- Credit: Archant
A 45-year-old man who fled a home after being disturbed has been charged with attempted burglary.
Jason Whitaker, of Normanston Drive, Lowestoft, appeared at Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, March 18, where he was remanded in custody until April 15.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police said: “In the early hours of Tuesday, March 17, an offender made an attempt to enter a property in St Peter’s Street, Lowestoft, before being disturbed and leaving.
“A 45-year-old man was arrested later that morning on suspicion of burglary.
“He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where he was questioned.”
You may also want to watch:
Whitaker is now set to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on April 15.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m