Lowestoft man charged with aggravated burglary
- Credit: IAN BURT
A 27-year-old Lowestoft man has been charged with aggravated burglary and possession of an offensive weapon.
Police were called just after 7.10am yesterday (Tuesday, May 17), to reports that man in his 40s had been assaulted at a property on Love Road.
He was taken to the James Paget University Hospital with cuts that required stitches.
Shortly after 10am, two men were arrested in connection with the incident.
Shinda Lee, 27, from Kirkley Cliff Road, has since been charged with aggravated burglary – entering the home and inflicting grievous bodily harm on the occupant while in possession of a stanley knife – and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
He was detained in custody pending a court appearance before Norwich Magistrates this morning, and he has now been remanded in custody pending a Crown Court hearing on June 21.
The second man – a 38-year-old from Lowestoft – has now been bailed to return to police on July 13.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers