Lowestoft Lifeboat crew called to search after floating lifejacket spotted at sea
- Credit: Archant
A search was sparked this morning after a lifejacket was spotted floating just off the harbour entrance at Lowestoft.
Lowestoft RNLI lifeboat Patsy Knight was launched after the crew were called at 9.27 this morning (7 Oct) to investigate the sighting and to search for anyone in trouble in the sea nearby.
Coxswain John Fox: said 'We were joined in the search by Associated British Port's Pilot Boat 'Osprey' and it was their crew who recovered the lifejacket.
'We carried out a search pattern up as far as Corton but didn't find anything, with a lifejacket on the surface it could have come from straight out to sea and have been blown in on the stiff easterly breeze.'
The lifejacket was later passed via the lifeboat crew to HM Coastguard Rescue Teams from Lowestoft and Southwold who also helped with a shoreline search.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said although this was a false alarm it is still important to take such precautions.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray