Stunning butterfly shot flutters hearts to secure Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful image of a delicate butterfly resting on a flower has secured the Lowestoft Journal's Picture of the Week.
Trevor Thompson, of Oulton Broad, took the picture on his Canon 70D with a 300mm prime lens.
The picture was captured when several painted lady butterflies suddenly appeared in his garden. This particular butterfly was feeding on the nectar of a flowering shrub and basking in the sunshine.
"Presumably they had just arrived from their trip from Africa. I have always like butterflies since a child," Mr Thompson said.
The species travels 12,000km and crosses the Sahara Desert twice. As our winner, Mr Thompson receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures and a contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?