Lowestoft man ‘hit passenger with beer bottle’ driving home from party
A front seat passenger in a car was left bleeding from her head after she was hit with a beer bottle by a man who was sitting behind her, it has been alleged.
Annie Macrae, who had been to a party in Beccles, was in a car being driven back to Lowestoft by a friend when she was allegedly assaulted by Jamie Hitcham, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Hitcham, 29, who was sitting in the back of the car, had allegedly been 'difficult' during the journey, pulling Miss Macrae's hair and poking her in the ribs, said Nicola May, prosecuting.
He had then picked up a beer bottle and Miss Macrae felt a sharp blow on the back of her head and realised she was bleeding. Paramedics later glued a 2cm cut.
Hitcham, of Barley Court, Lowestoft, denies assaulting Miss Macrae causing actual bodily harm on February 18.
You may also want to watch:
After his arrest Hitcham claimed Miss Macrae was aggressive towards him and denied assaulting her.
The case continues.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143