Car ploughs into shop front in six car accident
- Credit: Archant
High Street in Lowestoft has been cordoned off after a car ploughed into a shop front this afternoon
High Street in Lowestoft has been cordoned off after a car ploughed into a shop front.
Police were called to the area at 2.25pm after a report of a road traffic collision on the busy stretch.
A witness at the scene said the blue car was pushed into Langwrights independent estate agents after a silver vehicle collided with it.
According to Stan Wright and Peter Langford, the owners of Langwrights, a woman driving the blue car was reverse parking on the left-hand side of the road before the silver car 'smashed' into her.
You may also want to watch:
'We heard a bit of a squeal and then a bump, then a bit more of a squeal before the car ended up in our shop.' the business owners said.
Six cars were involved in the crash, including four Ford Fiestas, a Dacia Sandero and a Ford Focus.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
A police spokesperson said: 'Recovery has been called but the road remains closed and motorists should avoid the area.' No one has been reported as injured.
High Street has now been reopened and the vehicle has been removed from the store front.