Lowestoft community unites for Jo Cox Great Get Together
- Credit: Archant
An event honouring MP Jo Cox celebrated kindness and respect in Lowestoft.
Support charity Access Community Trust showed their support for the Great Get Together initiative at an event hosted at Sams Coffee House, on Bevan Street East.
Members of the community were encouraged to come together up and down the country on Friday, with Emma Ratzer, CEO of Access Community Trust, and Ivan Humble, community champion for mental health and wellbeing for Norfolk and Suffolk, organising the Lowestoft outing.
Mr Humble said: "A massive thanks to the staff of Sams for all their help in organising this great event, and also thanks to Lowestoft Tandoori for the great selection of Indian food provided.
"We had about 40 people turn up to celebrate kindness, respect and all we have in common, all to remember Jo Cox."
You may also want to watch:
More than 6,000 Great Get Together events, held annually around her birthday, took place this year.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash