Ollie’s Heroes fundraiser to ‘support children and families’ who are fighting cancer
- Credit: Archant
'Help us to support children with cancer.'
That is the strapline for a popular event, which returns this weekend.
Tasty cakes will be on offer as funds are raised for charity, in memory of a popular little boy from Lowestoft.
Over the past few years hundreds of people have attended cake sales to raise money to support children and families who are fighting cancer in East Anglia by helping them with the costs of living and travelling to hospital.
On Saturday, May 18 Ollie's Heroes cake sale and raffle will return to Carlton Colville Community Centre between 2pm and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by the Ollie's Heroes charity, it was set up by Jamie and Claire Gray, from Oulton, after their son Ollie died in September 2015 following a long battle against acute lymphatic leukaemia.
Tickets - costing £5 for adults, which includes a hot drink and two pieces of cake, and £2.50 for children, which includes a drink and one piece of cake - are available from Mr Gray on 07753 605 280 or email email@example.com
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack