Tumble dryer fire sparks call out
PUBLISHED: 15:54 18 February 2018 | UPDATED: 18:02 18 February 2018
Archant © 2017
Firefighters from Lowestoft spent more than 40 minutes dealing with a tumble dryer blaze.
A crew from North Lowestoft fire station and a second crew from Lowestoft South were alerted following reports of a fire at a home in Raglan Street.
They were sent to the scene at 12.10pm this afternoon (Sunday, February 18) and on arrival they discovered a tumble dryer ablaze.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze, with the incident under control by 12.59pm.
One crew remained at the scene until 1.20pm as a thermal imaging camera was in use to check for hot spots.
A brigade spokesman said that fire crews faced initial difficulties getting close to the scene of the fire, as access was “hampered by parked cars”.
It meant that the fire crews had to approach the house on foot, until the two fire engines could get closer to the scene.