Fire crews respond to water rescue after dog falls into lake
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called out to assist with a water rescue after a dog fell into a lake.
Three crews from Lowestoft South fire station were called to Fen Park in Kirkley on Tuesday, October 15.
They were alerted following reports of an animal rescue at 1.03pm, with the scene cleared by 1.38pm.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Three applicances from Lowestoft South fire station were called out at 1.03pm following reports that a dog had fallen into a lake at Kirkley Fen.
"Water rescue teams were in use as they tried to locate the dog."
You may also want to watch:
The dog was eventually recovered about 1.30pm, although its condition is unknown.
The spokesman added: "The time of stop was 1.38pm after the dog was recovered from the lake and handed over to the owner."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft