Lowestoft doctor cleared of harassing woman
- Credit: Archant
A doctor has been cleared of harassing a woman by magistrates.
Ravinder Lall, 59 of Blundeston Road, Corton, pleaded not guilty to harassment without violence on March 29 and stood trial in Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Thursday.
Dr Lall had been arrested on January 22 after turning up on the woman's doorstep following more than 100 phone calls to her in the days prior.
However, magistrates found Dr Lall not guilty of the charge, after hearing evidence from himself, the woman's son, and the woman involved, with whom he had shared an on-again-off-again affair for more than ten years.
Chairman of the bench John Rockcliff said magistrates felt the case hinged on whether Dr Lall had reason to believe the relationship could be started up again, which they felt he did.
You may also want to watch:
Following the case, Dr Lall said: 'I feel a fair and just decision was made.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price