Lowestoft colour dash raises over £10,000 for Children’s Hospices
- Credit: James Bass
Lowestoft's first ever Colour Dash has raised over £10,000 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The event at Normanston Park was organised by EACH with the intention of raising money for a new purpose-built facility, The Nook, which will offer the very best in care and support for children suffering with life-threatening conditions.
Participants undertook a two-mile fun run whilst being showered with clouds of coloured powder paint, resulting in a dazzling and vibrant scene.
EACH fundraiser, Tal Williams, said: 'We would like to thank the people of Lowestoft for giving us such a warm reception as this was our first Colour Dash event in the town.
'It was great to have over 500 people taking part, the weather was good and everyone had smiles on their faces.
You may also want to watch:
'The money raised will help us to continue providing care to children and young people with life-threatening conditions and their families.'
For more details about the appeal, visit each.org.uk/the-nook/about-the-nook
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction