Lowestoft charity to host event in support of World Mental Health Day
- Credit: James Bass
Lowestoft-based charitable organisation Access Community Trust is supporting World Mental Health Day on Tuesday, October 10, by showcasing the services on offer and the organisations that they work in partnership with.
The aim is to highlight the importance of reducing the stigma with mental health issues. Many face prejudice and judgement in their daily lives when suffering with a mental health condition.
Through this event, Access Community Trust is trying to break down those barriers and increase positivity in people's lives.
Running between 10am and 3pm in the Enterprise Lounge at Sam's Café on Bevan Street in Lowestoft, the team would like to invite and encourage all within the community to visit and enjoy refreshments and cake whilst seeing what information is available to them.
So whether you are suffering with a mental health issue or know someone that you feel maybe is, pop in and see them on the day.
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact 01502 527200.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143