Lowestoft bridge closed due to maintenance work
Essential maintenance work will be carried out on the A12 bascule bridge over Lake Lothing in Lowestoft from Sunday.
The work is part of routine maintenance on the bridge and will require an overnight closure of the bridge between 8pm on Sunday and 6am on Monday.
Highways Agency project manager Tim Hughes said: 'The overnight closure is to carry out inspection and checking of the mechanical and electrical components of the bridge.
'We know how important the bascule bridge is to the people of Lowestoft and are committed to keeping delays to an absolute minimum.
By carrying out the work overnight when traffic flows are much lighter, the effect on the travelling public is kept to a minimum.'
You may also want to watch:
A free bus service round the diversion route will be provided for pedestrians wishing to cross the bridge during the closures.
Advanced signing and a signed diversion route will be in place during the works.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears