Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo meets the Queen and jokes about James Bond at Olympic and Paralympic celebration
Lowestoft Olympic bronze medal boxer Anthony Ogogo has met the Queen at a glittering reception at Buckingham Palace for some of the country's Olympic and Paralympic heroes.
Anthony, 23, joked with the Queen about her appearance with James Bond at the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Games.
He tweeted: 'The most amazing few hours. The Queen shook my hand and we chatted about Bond. She's one sassy chick.'
As well as the Queen The Duke of Edinburgh and the Duchess of Cambridge were at Tuesday's reception.
Before the reception he tweeted: 'I've polished my shiniest shoes and ironed yes ironed my own shirt.'
You may also want to watch:
Anthony won a bronze medal in the middleweight boxing category and is now weighing up options on staying as an amateur boxer or to go professional.
On Friday night the popular boxer scooped another award when he was named as the joint Suffolk sports personality of the year.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'