Lowestoft-based holiday company scoops national awards for best accommodation and LGBT-friendly travel
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft-based holiday company is celebrating after winning two coveted industry awards.
Hoseasons was named Best Accommodation Supplier and LGBT-friendly Travel Company of the Year at the Travel Trade Gazette (TTG) Travel Awards 2017.
Simon Altham from Hoseasons was presented with both awards by comedian Rob Brydon during a ceremony at London's Lyceum Theatre.
He said: 'Winning awards like this matters to us because it demonstrates that all the hard work and dedication the team puts in day in and day out is worth it.
'We've made huge strides over the last 12 months to ensure we're as inclusive as possible for staff and customers alike and I'm incredibly proud of the culture we have embedded across the business.'
You may also want to watch:
Hoseasons, which is based at Sunway House in Raglan Raod, Lowestoft, won the LBGT-friendly award ahead of other finalists Virgin Holidays, Kuoni, Thomas Cook and Celebrity Cruises, all of which are also leading the way when it comes to diversity and inclusion.
The award comes just a few weeks after the company said its commitment to diversity and inclusion was translating into more luxury lodge bookings from LGBT customers across the UK.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
It also said that marketing to younger, more diverse customers had helped drive a seventh record summer in a row with bookings for Norfolk and Suffolk up 5pc in August compared to the same month last year.
Self-catering specialist Hoseasons also picked up the Best Accommodation Supplier award in 2016 in recognition of the huge variety of quality breaks it provides from romantic hot tub lodges to rural cottage retreats and boating breaks on the Broads.
Travel Trade Gazette is the UK and Ireland's leading travel industry magazine, publishing weekly since 1953. This year's awards attracted entries from more than 130 travel companies, with travel agents across the UK voting for their favourite suppliers.
For more information about Hoseasons, visit www.hoseasons.co.uk or call 0345 498 6130.
Click here to read more about the LGBT holidays offered by Hoseasons.
•Have you got a story for the Lowestoft Journal? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 525820.