Lowestoft and Waveney Samaritans to open new shop this weekend
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
The Lowestoft and Waveney branch of the Samaritans will be open its new shop tomorrow.
The charity is moving from its current shop in High Street, Lowestoft, to larger premises next door, where it can display more of its stock and potentially raise more money to support its work.
The move has been prompted by an increase in demand for the Samaritans service in Waveney.
The doors to the shop, at 99a High Street, will be officially opened at noon by Lowestoft mayor June Ford. Refreshments, provided by Asda, will be served.
A spokesman for the charity said: 'Our new shop Sams by the Sea has been designed with a theme around our town's location.
You may also want to watch:
'These larger premises will enable us to expand our stock and we look forward to welcoming our customers with a smile and time for a chat.
'We hope that this exciting move will enable us to continue and even increase the support we give to our branch.'
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
The spokesman also thanked the individuals and local businesses that helped to get the shop ready to open.
'Without the support and generosity of several individuals and retailers throughout our local area we would not have been able to achieve such a bright welcoming atmosphere,' she added.