Lowestoft airshow to take place in 2012
Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival will take place next summer, it was confirmed on Wednesday evening.
The two-day festival, which annually attracts hundreds of thousands of people to seafront, will be held on Saturday, June 23 and Sunday, June 24.
The announcement was made during a meeting at Lowestoft's Hotel Victoria, where festival managing director Paul Bayfield revealed next year's event was 'genuinely the closest to being cancelled or postponed that he had known'.
Mr Bayfield said: 'The problem is that we were really facing the unknown, with the month and days of the week on which the airshow is planned to be held in 2012 having to be change due to the impact of the London Olympics.
'The event has never been staged in Lowestoft on a weekend, or in June...but we hope to attract a new audience...'
You may also want to watch:
As well as seeking sponsorship, the company will also concentrate on underwritten guarantees or risk bonds for funding should poor attendances due to bad weather result in the festival not being able to pay all its bill.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release