Community encouraged to show love for their town in run-up to Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
An event celebrating a community's love for its market town will welcome a bumper programme of events in the Valentine's run up.
Love Wymondham Day will sweep the town off its feet for the second year in a row on Saturday February 9, with events kicking off at 10am and running into the afternoon.
Feather fans will have the chance to get up close to birds of prey at the Original Factory Shop on Ayton Road while history buffs will find walks and talks at the Wymondham Heritage Museum.
At midday Wymondham Rock Choir will storm the Market Place with a live show featuring classics with a twist.
Organiser and Town Team member Tony Vale said: 'We want to encourage people in the area to support the town and take a break from their busy lives to explore.
You may also want to watch:
'If you love where you live it's a brilliant way to celebrate it.'
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend