Community encouraged to show love for their town in run-up to Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
An event celebrating a community's love for its market town will welcome a bumper programme of events in the Valentine's run up.
Love Wymondham Day will sweep the town off its feet for the second year in a row on Saturday February 9, with events kicking off at 10am and running into the afternoon.
Feather fans will have the chance to get up close to birds of prey at the Original Factory Shop on Ayton Road while history buffs will find walks and talks at the Wymondham Heritage Museum.
At midday Wymondham Rock Choir will storm the Market Place with a live show featuring classics with a twist.
Organiser and Town Team member Tony Vale said: 'We want to encourage people in the area to support the town and take a break from their busy lives to explore.
'If you love where you live it's a brilliant way to celebrate it.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 7 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row