First night of new festival shows Norwich in new light
- Credit: Archant
The fine city glowed last night as the new three-day Love Light Norwich Festival illuminated the city.
The new event is giving Norwich a glow-up, with light displays, fire-breathing and fluorescent art installations lining the city streets until Sunday.
Hundreds of people braved the cold to experience the city illuminated by the exhibitions on Thursday night, ahead of the Valentine's Parade which will make its way from Norwich Cathedral to Millennium Plain at 6pm on Friday night.
The event is being organised by Norwich Business Improvement District (BID), Norwich City Council, Norfolk County Council, The Forum Trust and Norwich University of the Arts alongside public funding from Arts Council England.
It is hoped that it will attract visitors to the city and Norwich BID has brought on artist Alex Rinsler as creative director, who is the co-creator of the annual Lightpool Festival in Blackpool which sees the famous tower and seaside town lit up and features live performances.
You may also want to watch:
Send your photos of Love Light Norwich to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 4 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 9 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast