First night of new festival shows Norwich in new light
- Credit: Archant
The fine city glowed last night as the new three-day Love Light Norwich Festival illuminated the city.
The new event is giving Norwich a glow-up, with light displays, fire-breathing and fluorescent art installations lining the city streets until Sunday.
Hundreds of people braved the cold to experience the city illuminated by the exhibitions on Thursday night, ahead of the Valentine's Parade which will make its way from Norwich Cathedral to Millennium Plain at 6pm on Friday night.
The event is being organised by Norwich Business Improvement District (BID), Norwich City Council, Norfolk County Council, The Forum Trust and Norwich University of the Arts alongside public funding from Arts Council England.
It is hoped that it will attract visitors to the city and Norwich BID has brought on artist Alex Rinsler as creative director, who is the co-creator of the annual Lightpool Festival in Blackpool which sees the famous tower and seaside town lit up and features live performances.
You may also want to watch:
Send your photos of Love Light Norwich to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each