Lost railway lines around East Suffolk to be showcased at event in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A photographic journey along some of East Suffolk's lost railways will be showcased at an event next month.
As part of local and community history month, the Enterprise Lounge at Sams Coffee House in Lowestoft will host an event with guest speakers Mike Boast and Richard Gallard,
There will be free entry to the event at the coffee shop on Bevan Street East, which starts at 2pm on Saturday, May 12.
A spokesman for Sams Coffee House and Enterprise Lounge, which is run by Access Community Trust, said: 'At one time there was an extensive network of branch line railways around East Suffolk, most of which are now distant memories.
'Mike and Richard have retraced these routes, photographing the remains. Accompany them as they illustrate routes to Yarmouth, Southwold, Bungay, Kirkley and Framlingham, using old views alongside the new.'
You may also want to watch:
They have previously given talks at the East Anglian Transport Museum and continue to receive invitations to talk to historical interest groups.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns