Lorry overturns at roundabout on A140
- Credit: Archant
Police were forced to close part of the carriageway at a roundabout on the busy A140 after a lorry overturned.
Officers were called at 7.35am after reports that the trailer of the articulated truck had turned over at the Dickleburgh and Thelveton roundabout.
The junction marks the transition between the single carriageway and the double carriageway section to Scole.
Inspector Lou Provart, of Norfolk Police, said one lane had been blocked and there was slow progress for traffic in the area.
Police stayed on scene for most of the day and closed the roundabout while the lorry was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
With the trailer carrying flooring, recovery had to decide whether to remove the load or turn the trailer with it still inside.
By Tuesday evening, the road had been cleared.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash