Lorry failed to stop after damaging roof in Needham
A lorry failed to stop after colliding with an overhanging roof in a Norfolk village, causing substantial damage.
The Renault curtain sided lorry struck the roof, ripping off the guttering in Mill Road, Needham and stopped briefly underneath before reversing back down the road at speed towards Needham.
The incident happened yesterday at 9.30am.
Police are making enquiries to trace the vehicle, which was blue without any immediately visible livery or company markings.
Anyone with information in relation to the incident should phone PC Watkins at Halesworth on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show