Lorry crash closes road for second time in five hours
- Credit: James Bass
An overturned lorry has blocked the B1108 just five hours after another crash closed the same road.
Police were called to the B1108 Hingham Road at Hackford, near Wymondham at 2.24pm today following reports that a heavy goods vehicle had turned over.
One casualty has been treated by paramedics. Firefighters from Hackford also attended the accident following concerns over spilled fuel.
The road is likely to remain closed to traffic in both directions for some time while the overturned vehicle is being recovered.
The incident follows a crash between a Toyota and an Audi also on the B1108 between Hardingham and Kimberley at 8.15am this morning.
One person suffered slight injuries in that collision which also saw police close the road to traffic until 9.45am while the cars were recovered.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'