Lord Somerleyton cheers on sisters at Fritton Lake Triathlon
The new Lord Somerleyton cheered on three of his sisters on Saturday as they took part in a triathlon at Fritton Lake on the Somerleyton Estate in memory of their father.
Isabel Cator, 47, Camilla Soames, 44, and Alicia Pawson, 43, raised �3,500 for Alzheimer's Research UK by being sponsored to swim 750m, cycle 20km and run 5km at the Fritton Lake Triathlon in its sprint section.
The sisters raised the money for the charity as a tribute to their father Lord Somerleyton, Savile Crossley, who died aged 83 in January. He had Alzheimer's.
Mrs Cator and Mrs Soames completed the gruelling course in an impressive one hour 40 minutes and their younger sister pipped them to the post by five minutes.
As well as being cheered on by Lord Somerleyton, Hugh Crossley, the sisters received encouragement from their other sister, Louisa, who had planned to take part but could not as she was ill.
Mrs Soames said: 'I think it all went very well.'
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash