WATCH: Colourful city paint party kicks of Lord Mayor’s Celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A weekend of festivities exploded into life amid clouds of brilliant colours which fell on crowds at Norwich's Chapelfield Gardens.
Fireworks from Norwich Castle will provide the colourful spectacle after the Lord Mayor's Procession , but on Friday night crowds of people - young and old - gathered at the bandstand to take part in a paint party.
Against the backdrop of the funfair, excited groups of people, mostly dressed all in white, fired powdered paints high into the sky.
Andy Garrett, 60, from the Magdalen Road area of Norwich, attended the event with his wife Ros, also 60, daughter Natasha Love, 35, and granddaughter Sophie, three.
He said: "It's something we wanted to do for Sophie. It's just something we wanted to do, it's a bit of fun! We've all enjoyed it."
You may also want to watch:
Amy Tyrell, 46, from Norwich, said: "I think it was quite fun and very colourful."
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation