Looking for a date this Valentine’s Day? Seaside restaurant helps diners find their ‘sole-mate’ with First Dates-style event in Cromer
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A seaside restaurant is offering singletons the chance to find love at first bite in one of north Norfolk's most romantic settings.
Craft Burger in Cromer is hosting a First Dates-style event on Monday, February 13 - to celebrate Valentine's Day.
It is offering to match-make diners searching for their 'sole-mates' at its New Street restaurant, which overlooks the town's iconic pier.
Andrew Hubbard, a director of Craft Burger, said: 'I'm looking forward to it, it will be good fun. We'd like to try to spice things up a bit and it's good to try something different.
'I play football for Runton FC and a few of the lads there are currently single so they seem up for it. A few girls have also said they are interested.'
And he added: 'If it works this year we might have to do it next year as well.'
Nathan Lomax, who runs his own marketing company, came up with the Crafty idea for the event which, it is hoped, could help dozens of diners find their dream date for Valentine's Day.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 7 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 8 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 9 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
The restaurant is serving up a Valentine's Day menu on Saturday, February 11, and Tuesday, February 14.
And those looking for a date are invited to private message their details - name, date of birth, favourite film genre and favourite food - to Craft Burger via its Facebook page to help them make the best match.
Nathan, who revealed Craft Burger will provide the first round of drinks for free to each couple, said: 'It's the first 'First Dates'-style event I am aware of in Norfolk. We want it to be quirky and a bit of fun, so why not give it a go?
'Crafty Couples will be matched up as closely as possible and they will have a table reservation for Monday, February 13, in the restaurant. They will have full access to the Craft Burger menu and we leave it to the couples to decide who will pay the bill.
'The idea is if they find their true love on the 13th then they can take them out again on the Tuesday. It's going to be pretty informal, and we just want people to come and enjoy themselves.'
The event is open to those aged 18 or over. For more details, visit: www.facebook.com/CraftBurgerCromer