Look inside Southwold Hospital ahead of meeting on building’s future
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Empty wards and abandoned desks - a look inside Southwold Hospital reveals a shadow of its former life as a bustling community facility.
But a meeting tonight hopes to strengthen calls for the site to be kept for public use.
Members of the community are encouraged to come to a meeting at St Edmund's Hall at 6pm, hosted by the Save Our Southwold Hospital (SOS) campaign.
A feasibility study has shown more than 60 new jobs could be created win a new business and community hub on the site in Field Stile Road.
The meeting tonight will discuss SOS's progress and their vision for how the site can best be used for the benefit of the community.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for NHS property services, which owns the site, said: 'Our key objective is to secure best value for the site on behalf of the NHS, with all proceeds returned to the NHS.'
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction