Norfolk firm raises £12k for Sprowston girl battling bone cancer
- Credit: Longwater Construction
A Norfolk construction company has chosen to celebrate its 10th birthday by raising £10,000 for one of the county's heroes.
Longwater Construction Supplies has now exceeded its target for Sprowston girl Sophie Taylor, who has been defiantly beating her 2018 bone cancer diagnosis since the age of four.
The construction company based in Costessey have done everything from 10k runs to charity balls to raise funds for the little girl.
Robert Loone, who works in the internal sales department, said: 'We're a successful company and our bosses always want to give something back to the community, especially the younger people.
'A few of us had heard about what Sophie was going through and we just wanted to support her and help her live the best life she can. We're going to give her the first £10k soon, as it's going towards buying her a prosthetic, and then we'll work the other £2k up and gift it to her at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
'I organised to do Run Norwich over the weekend, we had 26 people take part but they're not too happy with me the next day!'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab