Long Stratton Leisure Centre funding boost
- Credit: Archant
The next round of major investment in leisure facilities in south Norfolk has seen new fitness equipment ordered and delivered for Long Stratton Leisure Centre.
As part of a £1m district council improvement to the leisure centre off Swan Lane new exercise bikes have been delivered and further equipment to keep people fit have been ordered.
Clayton Hudson, South Norfolk Council's cabinet member for stronger communities and leisure, said: 'Following the adoption of the Long Stratton Area Action Plan it is important that the services we offer can fulfil the recreational and sporting needs of what will be a growing population.
'The council will be working with the parish council, the high school and the football club to provide facilities that will keep our residents fit and healthy.'
The council has made an investment of more than £5m in its leisure provision.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Leisure Centre has had a £4m refurbishment and £150,000 has been spent on improving the changing areas at Diss Leisure Centre and its reception and gym area has been improved.
The investment at Long Stratton comes after funding was confirmed for a £400,000 3G artificial football pitch in the village.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident