Long Stratton Leisure Centre funding boost
- Credit: Archant
The next round of major investment in leisure facilities in south Norfolk has seen new fitness equipment ordered and delivered for Long Stratton Leisure Centre.
As part of a £1m district council improvement to the leisure centre off Swan Lane new exercise bikes have been delivered and further equipment to keep people fit have been ordered.
Clayton Hudson, South Norfolk Council's cabinet member for stronger communities and leisure, said: 'Following the adoption of the Long Stratton Area Action Plan it is important that the services we offer can fulfil the recreational and sporting needs of what will be a growing population.
'The council will be working with the parish council, the high school and the football club to provide facilities that will keep our residents fit and healthy.'
The council has made an investment of more than £5m in its leisure provision.
Wymondham Leisure Centre has had a £4m refurbishment and £150,000 has been spent on improving the changing areas at Diss Leisure Centre and its reception and gym area has been improved.
The investment at Long Stratton comes after funding was confirmed for a £400,000 3G artificial football pitch in the village.
- 1 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 2 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 3 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 6 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 9 What's next for 'the biggest development in the region?'
- 10 'You look just like her' Shop worker mistook The Queen for look-a-like